Blog #3

1. To ensure that we can meet the learning needs of each learner, we offer a variety of learning styles. While we use a text-based introduction to BED, we also provide two introductory videos on BED to make it easier and more comfortable for learners who don’t like to read text.
  2. Given that similar emergencies have occurred before, we are well prepared for this as well. This is because if a sudden event occurs, we will have to move the course to the internet and change it to an online format. The good thing about this is that our hair portion is in text form, so trying to move it online is a very easy task. However, we will be forced to reduce our discussion sessions because online discussions will be tougher than real ones and may be more resistant to many students. Also, online learning will make it more difficult for the lecturer to observe the students. We can’t force every student to turn on the webcam and talk to each other, out of respect for each student. However, we do our best to make our classes as interesting as possible, so that we can motivate and involve everyone. For example, we will add some fun games like Kahoot in the middle of each lesson.
  3. A possible obstacle to the interactive nature of our course is that, like I mentioned before, because it’s an online format, we can’t guarantee the quality of everyone’s learning, and we can’t require everyone to interact online. There are times when the online (Zoom) hand raising feature may be delayed or malfunction so that we, the instructors, cannot guarantee that every student who wants to speak will do so. However, we will at the same time provide a platform for text-only communication, so that students who are not good at communicating through speech can be more adventurous.
  4. We try to keep our learning environment as upbeat as possible, which enhances everyone’s desire to learn. It also ensures that responses and feedback can be given to students as quickly as possible. This is one of the things I care about the most when I am a student. If the instructor doesn’t respond or give feedback for a long period of time, it can be very anxiety provoking for me, I don’t know how well I’m doing or how I need to change things afterward.

1. kyukk

Hi, Yoki
    I think your analysis of the online transfer of the course is very detailed and takes into account the needs of different learners, especially the response to unexpected events. Your views on the challenges of teaching online and the issue of interactivity are very helpful in increasing learners’ motivation towards learning. Your idea of increasing interaction through games like Kahoot is very innovative. I couldn’t agree more that timely feedback is very important for students as it reduces their anxiety. I hope that our program runs smoothly and provides a rich learning experience for the students!
    Good job!